Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Proud'a Him

We've been a bit stressed out ever since we had the flu. Drew heard through the grapevine that his superiors were not happy with him missing two days of work and that he could potentially be transferred. Regardless of the injustice of that (he is maxed out on sick time with over 200 hours and has not missed a day since July) crazier things have happened and we worried about the negative ways our lives could change. In the midst of that, everyone's new schedule went into effect and Drew was moved from his courtroom where he had worked tirelessly with the judge to get it working perfectly. Though everyone got switched, it really bothered Drew to leave the people he gained so much rapport with. Then comes today. First Drew got an email from the captain basically saying he's glad we're better, Drew was never in any danger, he's an excellent officer and a benefit to their team! Then, Drew found out the judge from his old court room personally requested that he be moved back to her court room! We are, of course, relieved... but I am also incredibly proud of my husband. It is no easy feat to be so well respected in his line of work and I know he has worked hard and sacrificed a lot to get himself there. I am just so happy to see that recognized.

I'm still not used to this time change thing. I got out of work a bit late because of a meeting and it was pitch black by the time I got to my car. The LAST thing I wanted to do was go home and make dinner. But I knew I'd feel better about it in the long run if I forced myself and I'm so glad I did!! I actually managed to throw together pork chops in balsamic cherry sauce with roasted pears and sweet potatoes! Oh. My. God. So good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment