Tuesday, November 22, 2011

artist

I took a mixed media art class tonight. I felt really guilty about it because Griffin still isn't feeling well, but Drew was home... and I had been planning this for a while... and I so rarely do things for myself, so I decided to go ahead and go. I'm glad I did. Even if I was only away for two hours, I was able to get my creative juices flowing and explore the dusty and cobwebby parts of my brain.

So here is the final product. It's no masterpiece, but I actually really like it which is all that matters. And, like anything else, art is something that you improve with time and repetition. And I did learn that I am in love with acrylics.


I came home to a quiet house and Griffin sleeping soundly. My hope is that everyone is healthy and happy starting tomorrow when we get to begin our long holiday weekend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment