Monday, November 21, 2011
bad day
Today Griffin had a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. He seemed fine when he woke up, but as the morning went on, he refused to let me set him down, especially when it involved getting me or him ready to get out the door. This involved lots of hysterics. Then, when I did pick him up again, he'd cling to me and whimper. He didn't seem warm and he didn't have any other signs of illness so I assumed he was just getting smart to the fact that these are the first steps in going to school (which he has not been a fan of lately). I wrestled him into his car seat and then once at daycare I watched a very sad little boy as I left him and walked out of his classroom. It broke my heart, but he breaks my heart every morning lately so I just thought it was par for the course. When I went in to pick him up tonight, I could immediately tell something was wrong- Griffin was curled up asleep on the new teacher's shoulder. This was wrong for two reasons- 1. Griffin HATES new people right now. He sure as shit wouldn't be sleeping on one. Especially since 2. Griffin will NOT fall asleep on people. Ever. That's when they told me he didn't sleep very well today, he had a major meltdown early this afternoon, and they had just discovered he had a fever of about 101. I got my poor warm baby home, gave him some advil, and cuddled him a lot. After about an hour he was like a completely different kid- laughing, getting into everything, he even ate a great dinner and then went right down for bed when it was time. I'm hoping this is all from teething- he has at least one more tooth coming in right now. None of us needs any more illness right now, and we need to be ready for the Great Thanksgiving Feast in just a few more days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment