We started Monday out kind of rough. Griffin was super sweet and in a great mood- until we got to daycare. Then everything turned sour. He clung to my side the whole time I was there and then when I turned around to leave, he tried to crawl as fast as he could to follow me out. I said goodbye and let the door close, only to see him launch into hysterics and bang at the window. It totally broke my heart. I know all kids go through separation anxiety, that it is a healthy part of development and that I have to let him grow from it. But I hate turning my back on him. I hate that one of the lessons he is learning is that I wont always be there for him, I cant always be his safe place.
How do we make it to adulthood well adjusted?
Well- I guess it depends on our definition of well adjusted. Sigh.
Anyway, my entire day was kind of thrown off after that and everything seemed to drag by SUPER slowly. I hope the rest of the week looks up!
Here is a quick video of Griffin from tonight. He is demonstrating his stellar standing, crawling, climbing and chatting skills. Most impressive baby ever. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment