Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Phase 4

Drew used the day off on Monday to put finishing touches on the bathroom. He flew through putting up trim, painting the walls, and putting down a floor transition. Yesterday I hung up some art, and I was feeling pretty good about all of it!

I still want to hang a valance & new towel bars and touch up the white, but HOW PRETTY?!?!
TOTALLY different room
So I came home from work today to find Drew went ahead and started "phase 4". Yeah... demolition randomly started on the shower (even though I thought we had discussed otherwise) so my basement is back into a state of upheaval. SIGH.

does ANYONE like seeing this where their shower used to be?
I know it will turn out beautifully & I just need to give Drew the time & patience he's due, but I SO just want us to be able to relax again. One day...

Tonight after story time, Griffin did NOT want to go to bed. He was flailing and screaming and I thought I was going to battle him all night. I've been through similar fits with him SO MANY times before and usually NOTHING works. So I laid him down and smoothed his hair while I sang You are My Sunshine, and the most amazing thing happened. It was like taming a wild beast! He settled right down and let me tuck him in as I sang. I sat there on the edge of his bed singing and rubbing his back as he drifted off to sleep, the whole time Sprout was kicking and dancing in time. It was one of the most incredible "mom" experiences I've ever had. It only lasted a few minutes, but those minutes became this moment with my TWO beautiful, perfect, PEACEFUL kids feeling like things were simply right in the world. Unlike most nights, Griffin never stirred as I got up and turned out the light or closed the door. I can't say it will be like that every night- or maybe even not ever again, but for tonight I was given a special moment filled with bliss and warmth and pride and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment