Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Night 2012!!

Today was Election Day! Although, Drew & I voted early, so it was actually kind of like any other day for us. Griffin DID pick out the outfit below all by himself though, and I found it quite appropriate:

Captain America tee & patriotically striped pants! My child is BRILLIANT. Or, just High Fashion.
Our most recent stats at work say we have advised over 680 students since last Tuesday (6 full days of advising). That means each of us has seen an average of 37 students individually each day! It's been beyond exhausting, but I'm actually super proud of the work we are doing! I've gotten SO MUCH positive feedback from my students, so I know my effort has been worth it!

Drew is (still) finishing up the bathroom. Today was supposed to be the uber exciting toilet install, but we made a mistake and bought one with an oval bowl. It looks really cool, but it's way longer than an average round one, so it makes the space feel too tight. He'll exchange and install tomorrow, so hopefully the project will be complete shortly! I'm tired of having a disaster zone in the basement. But his tiling job is GORGEOUS!!

pretty floor! all we need now is a toilet, sink & new paint!
And, here is Griffin being generally cute before bed tonight. He was insistent that he was a TIGER (not a lion) because mama was wearing a tiger t-shirt (HEIGHTS HIGH!!) He is NOT, however, being very cute right now as he screams by his bedroom door...



GOBAMA, everyone!!! I am hoping beyond hope that I can proudly tell BOTH of my children one day that they were born under a president that I truly believe respects us, both individually and as a family. Someone their mama & daddy were PROUD to cast their votes for two elections in a row. So now to hold my breath and watch the results come in...

No comments:

Post a Comment