We've been busy lately too. We heard back from the minister and Griffin will officially be baptized at the Easter Eve Vigil! The service sounds incredibly beautiful and moving. Apparently we start in the building next door to the church in the evening and carry lit candles over to the church sanctuary. The fire means a lot of things. Of course, to devout Christians it symbolizes the Resurrection, but it also has an earlier start as part of the pagan Ostara celebrations, celebrating the growing light of spring and new birth. I love the tradition of it and that our church is open enough to allow us our own interpretations and sense of spirituality. I am thrilled that it is during this service Griffin will begin his spiritual journey! Because of the impending baptism and the fact that we will becoming members, we have been attending church services each sunday. We've really been getting a lot out of the sermons. I think we're both at a point in our lives where we're finally able to stop and listen, to tune into ourselves, to focus on what is important. And having Griffin attend their child care for an hour or so each week has sort of been getting me ready for the inevitable!
| Griffin & I after church! |
The most important news is that we were able to get Griffin an appointment to see the cardiologist much sooner than we were expecting. We will be going in on Thursday morning. Again, I am sure it is nothing, but I will be SO GLAD to have that confirmed for me. I havent allowed myself to think about it much, but it has still been a huge stress. He has continued to be the same funny, moody, sweet, wonderful, impatient, gorgeous, amazing child though- so I take that as a good sign!

Jessica,
ReplyDeleteI totally understand the panic of putting your child in the care of a stranger, but being a working mom has it's advantages. First, the bond between you is not weakened, they are just happier to see you at the end of the day. Second, the fulfillment and sense of accomplishment that I get from my job (which I love) is very different from what I get from bring at home. I love my daughter, but too much time sitting at home playing, feeding, bathing, plating, can make me go a little nuts! Third, I am a better mom, I am more attentive, relaxed, and fun the times I am with her. It is an adjustment, like anything, but now I kind of look forward to going back to work after breaks.
Margot
Margot, you always know the right thing to say! That made me feel SO much better!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad. There advantages and disadvantages to both being a working mom and SAHM. I find that I am not the type of person who can stay home and I refuse to feel guilty for loving my job.
ReplyDelete