Life with a newborn has been getting easier and easier just like we knew it would. We are still sleep deprived and there are still (very) trying moments, but for the most part parenting continues to be incredibly rewarding.
I think part of the reason it feels so much better is that Griffin and I have gotten out a lot more and have actually spent some time socializing. I think being shut in for so long made me a bit stir crazy. The past few days especially have been awesome. This weekend was beautiful so on Saturday we took Griffin up to Boulder for a walk along the river. Following that, we visited with Frank and Bev, two of my parents closest friends and my parents took us on a tour of their new house. It is AWESOME and suits them so well- we are so happy for them. What makes it even better is that the new house is the closest to us that they've ever lived (only about 15 minutes!) AND they have several extra bedrooms, one of which will be especially for Griffin whenever he wants to stay! Sunday my friends Amy and Lynn came by to visit and we had a great time laughing & showing off the baby. Yesterday, though, was pretty much the Best Day Ever. Griffin let me sleep in until 8 and stayed cheerful all day. We went to my midwife appointment and she said my incision looks awesome, is healing perfectly and that I can officially start exercising again! I am super excited because we have a sweet work out game for the kinect that I cant wait to try out. After my appointment, Griffin and I met my mom and Bev for lunch and shopping in the Highlands. Griffin was an angel, it was sunny and nearly 70 degrees, and I felt totally back to normal. I think I really needed that.
Drew is home with us today and since it is supposed to be nice out again, we're thinking of taking Griffin to the zoo. He wont be able to see any of the animals, but it is one of Drew's favorite places and it will be nice just to get out and walk around. Tomorrow I'm taking him to the office to meet all of my co-workers. They've been e-mailing me constantly begging me to bring him in. Since he's 6 weeks old now, his immune system is much stronger and he can start spending more time in public.
Speaking of trying moments though, he's had a few doozies. He is currently in between diaper sizes- he's slightly too big for newborns but slightly too small for 1s. We've been putting him into 1s and just hiking them way up, but he's had some majorly unpleasant leaking issues, several of which have happened as I am nursing. NOT cool. Then last night for some reason he decided he was an insomniac and woke up every two hours instead of every 3-4 like normal. Of course once he was up, he wanted to party so we ended up sleeping with the light on again (awesome).
I'll finish up with this. We recently got an iMac and Drew has been using it for creating and editing videos (one of his passions). His first real attempt with the new software was this short movie for Griffin (and I think it is hilarious):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment