Monday, May 12, 2014

the glory that was Mothers Day

Yesterday morning I slept in. And then when I woke up, I got myself a cup of coffee and snuggled back in bed with a book. Once I got bored (and sufficiently hungry) I went to find my family. Oh, what a beautiful morning!

Time alone was definitely one of my biggest gifts yesterday. I love my family more than anything in the entire world, but it is SO RARE that I ever get time to myself, or time to accomplish what I want to. Drew (and the kids) gave me lots of time yesterday and I haven't felt so relaxed in a long, long time.

I also got lots of other good stuff! They took me out to breakfast at one of my favorite places. I got a Belgian waffle toppled with strawberries, whipped cream & maple syrup- perfect Mother's Day decadence. Griffin was... not the best behaved at first. But Drew had a little chat with him outside and he was much nicer afterwards.

after chat
Griff and Evvie both made me awesome gifts:

I know every mom gets this one, but I had tears none the less
Griff made the frame!
And then they all "chipped in" to get me this GORGEOUS bird bath. It matches the house perfectly & I've had my eye on it for awhile.


But my BIGGEST gift was from Evvie- she decided to walk!! It's just a few steps here and there, but she's gaining confidence! She'll be running around with her brother in no time.

The weather was actually awful yesterday- cold and SNOWY. IN MAY. WTF. So we didn't do much- which actually turned out to be a blessing. We did a lot of relaxing which, as it turns out, is what I REALLY needed.

So it was an amazing day, with my awesome family. And now I'm looking out my office window at this:


Insanity. Especially since it was in the 80s last week!  I hear that this is our last freeze danger of the season & it's "really spring" after this. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment