Monday, May 5, 2014

Action Packed

We had a busy but SUPER fun weekend! On Friday night, my friend/ colleague, Jenn and I took our incoming and outgoing Lead Peer Mentors out to dinner. It was awesome! We handed out gifts and funny awards to our graduating seniors and celebrated a job well done. The Parmesan truffle fries definitely helped the experience.

I love these people!
After dinner, I ran home to put the kids to bed and then I changed into pajamas and went BACK to work for Moonlight Breakfast. Every semester faculty and staff come to serve late night pancakes to students who are up studying for finals. It was SO. FUN. The students loved it (as they do every semester) and my coworkers and I spent the night laughing our asses off. It was great- even if I WAS in charge of the gross scrambled eggs. It was also my last evening work responsibility of the year! Even better!

On Saturday, we got some yard stuff accomplished. We started out by going to Echter's- the most amazing gardening store EVER. The kids had a blast running around and chatting with their resident goose:


I got a pretty new flowering shrub for the front, and Drew installed a new gate in the way back part of the yard!

honeysuckle!

This gate will allow me to access the upper tier of the back yard where I will be planting my veggie gardens this summer. So excited!

Griffin also had a grand time planning a birthday video for his cousin, William, (including alerting him to his newly scraped knee- VERY important). Griffin is VERY much looking forward to seeing his big cousin in a few months.

That evening Drew took the kids (AGAIN. Good man.) so that I could go out for dinner for my friend's birthday. We went to an awesome place near my old hood, so it was fun to see how much it has changed! And I had the most INCREDIBLE meal- Roasted Squash Milanesa. I HAVE to figure out how to make it. I could literally eat it every day. Ohhhh, dreaming of it...

Then yesterday we took the kids to the zoo, which they LOVED! We went super early so we were home by 2 which allowed us to get stuff done, relax, and play outside before dinner time!




Such a great weekend! Something we REALLY needed. Already looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment