Sunday, February 17, 2013

lots of work

It's been another abnormally beautiful weekend with sunny skies and highs in the 60s. While we could REALLY use some snow, it's a nice change of pace for mid-February! This also meant Griffin got to go to the playground TWICE this weekend, which was quite the treat!



I did have to work late Friday night- but it was all worth it because I have now completed the hiring for my first complete staff!! I now have 6 Lead Faculty Mentors, 39 regular Faculty Mentors, 8 Lead Peer Mentors, 82 regular Peer Mentors and a Graduate Assistant! WOO! I am starting to feel *slightly* better about going on maternity leave!

One of my good friends had her baby shower this weekend. She's having twins and is due only a few weeks after I am- SUPER fun! We used to work together and the shower meant I got to catch up with some really awesome people that I literally haven't seen in YEARS. Its so cool seeing this group of people evolve from the young 20-somethings I used to know to these strong & sassy wives and mothers!

Unfortunately, I have been crazy uncomfortable lately. I'm at the stage where nothing seems to fit right, I'm too big to tie my own shoes, and everything I do makes my body ache. It's going to be a LONG 6 weeks as far as that goes. BUT. While at the grocery store today, this adorable woman came up to me and said "I'm sorry. I just had to tell you that you have the cutest pregnant belly I've ever seen!" Considering I have not felt one ounce of cute lately, I stammered back an awkward thank you and she said "no, really. I'm not the type of person that compliments strangers. You just happen to wear it so well!" I totally should have gotten her phone number and made her my new BFF. But in the meantime, her compliment has left me riding high all day!

I am feeling VERY accomplished today after another big batch cooking adventure! After an hour or so of prep, I now have chicken cacciatore, beef & broccoli, garlic lime chicken, ranch house pork, creamy italian chicken & pasta, mongolian beef, roasted pepper & quinoa chili, and brown sugar apple chicken in the freezer! At least we wont starve!!



No comments:

Post a Comment