I have decided that I am the best mom/ wife of all time. I spent my lazy morning making the most AMAZING Valentine's Day cake EVER instead of actually being lazy. It's a yellow butter cake stuffed with chocolate and strawberries, with a chocolate fudge frosting. Oh, AND it's heart shaped. I need my own tv show.
 |
| safely wrapped in plastic until the boys come home |
In all honesty, I think Valentine's Day is sort of a crap holiday. People rush around trying to find somewhere, ANYWHERE with open dinner reservations. Flowers and candy are all of a sudden marked up to a ZILLION times what they're worth... kids are pressured into bringing cards into school for students they don't even like! It's not that I mind the sentiment of those celebrating as much as the industry/ societal pressure and consumerism. I love love! I love when time is set aside to make other people feel good! And while I LOVE a good holiday,
Drew & I have just never been much into this one. But I do still enjoy the opportunity to show them how much they are adored! That is why even though I work late tonight, they will still have a warm & delicious dinner waiting for them. I made them each sweet little cards. And they will get to follow it up with the Queen of all Cakes!
Griffin was in a super silly mood yesterday (even though he has, apparently, contracted pink eye again. DAMN THESE TODDLERS & THEIR CREEPY TOUCHING OF EACH OTHERS FACES!!). We laughed a lot when I came home to visit at lunch:
 |
| why was he wearing a coat with no shirt, you ask? Only Griffin knows. |
And then they FaceTimed me at the end of my work day which is always fun. Griffin told me all about colors and what was on tv, then told me to just come down to the basement! If only, kiddo!
 |
| yes, his nose is goobery as someone pointed out of FB. He's still perfect! |
I have been taking a super interesting online class taught by a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Public Health called "Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention". It has been amazing so far and really challenges a lot of ideas I previously had about food! She's all about actual food science as opposed to fad diets or anecdotal information. Plus, it's SO GREAT to be using my brain in that capacity again. I love learning. This just confirms I'm not crazy for considering going back for my PhD!
I will leave you with this. Last night Drew spent HOURS holed up in front of the computer. He didn't get to bed until after 11. And here is why:
 |
| this is Drew's rendition of an adult Griffin which he created by painstakingly fusing pictures of the three of us. Creepy, right? Who has time for that?? |
No comments:
Post a Comment