So I'll just fill you in on general happenings. Griffin has been having a pretty rough week or two. The second he got over his last cold, his first year molars started to come in. They still havent cut yet and it's making the poor kid miserable. On top of it, I'm slowly starting to wean him so I'm sure he's been extra crabby. But today was actually his first awesome day in a long time. He was all smiles and laughs from the time I picked him up from daycare until the time he went to bed. We even got some "mama" & "dadda" out of him! Those nights make it all so worth it- and I NEEDED it tonight!!
Work has been getting really busy and really exciting lately. Delta Days (our much anticipated diversity program) is coming to fruition next week. I'm so excited about the potential! Then the recruiting committee that I head up is planning some new outreach programs and I'm pretty jazzed up about that too. I'm also working on a lot of hiring and contract writing (which is not as fun, but at least more than fills my day).
We've slowly been turning our house into our home. We loved it as it was, but now that we're putting our own touches on, I wake up every morning feeling like the luckiest person on the planet. I'll give you an idea of some of our most recent updates along with a before shot to illustrate.
![]() |
| this is what our living room looked like before |
| after the Keefer makeover |
Then, Drew completely redid the bathroom!
![]() |
| before. About 700 shades of yellow. Blech. |
| Keefer style. Scarlett approves! |
| he installed an awesome new faucet too! |
| the bathroom door with light coming through the stained glass. Those panes were clear when we moved in. Yeahhhhh... |
We're eagerly anticipating Griffin's FIRST BIRTHDAY in less than a week now! I can hardly believe that we're here already. Betsy will be flying in on Friday to celebrate and my parents will come over on Sunday so that the grandparents can all dote on our baby boy. So looking forward to it.
And now I shall collapse with a good book.



No comments:
Post a Comment