Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hi ho, hi ho...

Today was our first day back to work/ daycare in over a week. The whole family was miserable. Griffin woke up in the sweetest, most playful mood, but once he realized I was leaving him at school, his little face crumbled and he began to sob. It took everything I had to keep it together at that point. I was already missing him and our warm, special time together at home... but to see him cry like that filled me with deep pangs of guilt. Drew and I both had extra long and annoying days at work... I spent the afternoon counting down the minutes until I could see my boys again.

Once we were home, all was well. We laughed and played and ate and sang. I know the routine will eventually be ok again too. It's just that the gift of extra time with Griffin sometimes makes me resent the machine and societal norms that put us in this situation to begin with. But then I just remind myself to cherish the moments we do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment