Wednesday, April 23, 2014

(T)hree

Griffin has always been a handful. He is determined, independent, smart, and focused. Those things will serve him extremely well as an adult. As a child, however, they can be difficult to say the least. While he's never been the easiest kid to parent, three has been- so far- the absolute worst. It is a combination of the lingering temper tantrums of two mixed with his new excellent language skills. It's like parenting a drunk teenager.

Drew and I have been talking about this a lot lately. We know it is a phase he will grow out of. We know that he is still at his core a sweet and wonderful little boy. We know it is likely just as stressful for him as it is for us. We know that one day we will passionately miss our three year old and will wonder where the time went! But still, at the end of the day, it is exhausting.

The good thing is that once it blows over, Drew and I manage to have a sense of humor about it. In some ways it has probably made us even closer.

making the best of a bad situation

I gotta say I am looking forward to 4 though.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Nice to meet and connect through Atozchallenge http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey great post! As the father of a fifteen year old I can offer two things. It is NOT like parenting a drunk teenager. And you will INDEED passionately miss your three year old and will wonder where the time went! I hope you are enjoying the challenge of A-Z. Keep up the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse! Thank you though- I appreciate the perspective!

      Delete