Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mind Blown

I spent the majority of this weekend in bed with the worst migraine of my life. I've had them in the past, and they're always bad, but this... this was a monster that not even Percocet would take the edge off of. It lasted a full 24 hours, but even once it was "gone" I still had (am still having!) residual pain, aura & exhaustion. Drew was AMAZING though and totally stepped up to the plate as Single Parent. I'll be seeing my doctor shortly for a new migraine medication prescription so I dont have to go through anything quite that intense again, but it also has me thinking about triggers and how I can prevent this in the future. I know a HUGE one is stress- and I wouldn't be surprised, since we've had a lot of that lately. We found out last week that Drew's schedule has been changed and that we will need to start paying for full time daycare soon. All other options have been exhausted. Though I know it wont last forever, we're about to start a very difficult time in our lives. Now we just need to figure out how we manage it and preserve our happiness & health.

In other news, Evvie had her 6 month check up last week! She is 27" long (87th percentile) and 15.8 lbs (39th percentile). Tall & skinny! I asked if I should be worried about her weight and they said that since she's gaining weight at the same rate she always has & she's eating well, she's perfect! Unfortunately, she had to get her full round of shots and she didn't tolerate them well again with a fever that lasted all night. But at least she can take Motrin now! I also got Griffin and Evvie both flu vaccines while we were there. I know nothing is guaranteed, but Griffin's last hospital stay was a direct result of the flu. His doctor at the time said there was no way of knowing for sure, but the vaccine could have potentially prevented it- I've felt guilty ever since. I am not taking ANY chances this year!!

This weekend was the last weekend of the Farmers Market. We managed to make a trip before my migraine got really intense. It was a bit sad- signaling the true end of the summer we had been hanging on to, and a weekend tradition that Griffin LOVES. We'll have to find another way to spend our Saturday mornings!




No comments:

Post a Comment