Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mama Guilt

While Griffin has been SUPER challenging lately, he also has his moments where he's my perfect little boy and I remember why it's all worth it. He may have had a brief freak out over television shows this morning, but then he calmed down and was amazing the rest of the time, including lots of snuggling, letting me change his diaper without a fight, and helping to get himself dressed. Every morning he brings a toy with him in the car and today he sweetly put it down as we were leaving instead of demanding to take it into school like many days. So when we get to his room, I see that the teachers and other kids are wearing pajamas and the kids even got to bring in their favorite stuffed animal from home (which they are usually NOT allowed to do). When I mentioned to the school director (who happened to be in his room) that I didn't know it was jammie day she said "oh, it's fine- I'm sure Griffin wont notice". But in the meantime, I saw him look at his BFF and then look down at his own clothes. Maybe he just thought it was weird & he didn't actually care at all, but I don't want him to already feel like the odd kid out! ESPECIALLY when he had been SO GOOD this morning- that's how I reward him? And I KNOW he would have LOVED to have had Mr. Frog with him. So... why DIDN'T I know it was jammie day? Griff is with Drew on Wednesdays and that is probably when they told most people, but it seems like we should hear about those things in advance! I know it is totally no big deal, and Griffin probably doesn't care, but I just feel so sad for him and so guilty for not helping him participate. I've always been a guilty person, taking responsibility for things I shouldn't, but Mama Guilt is even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment