| one of my favorites! |
After that, Griffin got HIS Christmas gifts from Grammy (who he has taken to calling mi-ma, btw). I don't know if I have ever seen that kid so jazzed.
| with his new Sponge Bob pillow, now his BFF |
| helping Grammy open his Big Prize |
| A SANDBOX!!! Spring will be SO. FUN. |
| drawing on his Spongebob tablet. he caught on to this SUPER fast. |
| trying to check out his new LIGHT UP AVENGERS SHOES while on-foot |
Saturday night also happened to be the first night of Hanukkah, so like last year, I made a savory kugel and we lit the menorah. I was glad that we got to have a few nice, quiet dinners at home while she was here. I LOVE having someone to cook for other than my picky boys.
Because Griffin ended up getting sick on Sunday, we stayed in and kept it low-key. We mostly watched movies and chatted while I finished packing Christmas gifts to mail this week. At one point though, this happened:
Griffin: go!
me: go?
Griffin: goooooo!
me: go where?
Griffin: Depot.
me: uhhh...
Drew: did he just ask to go to Home Depot?
Griffin: yeah!
Betsy: really?!?
Griffin: (getting increasingly whiny and intense) Depot! Cart! Depot!
me: wow, he is being weirdly clear about that.
Griffin: Hoooooome.
Drew: you ARE home, buddy.
Griffin: Depot!
So, yeah- Drew and Betsy took my weirdo kid to Home Depot as though it was the zoo or Disney Land. Apparently he had a GRAND time. I guess that was the upside of his day and it got them all out of the house!

No comments:
Post a Comment