Thursday, September 27, 2012

since I've been gone...

This is actually pretty old news, but we went camping a couple weeks ago! I grew up camping- we went twice a year (usually for a week at a time) since I was a baby, so it's something I know and love. Although we got all the gear we could ever need for our wedding gifts, our vacations have always been used for other things and our schedules have been such that Drew and I have never been able to take a camping trip together! Once Griffin was born, we decided that had to stop. No matter what, we wanted him to have those traditions and memories that I did, so we decided camping would be a priority, even if it was just a short trip!

So for our very first camping trip, we went to Golden Gate Canyon State Park- a BEAUTIFUL place only about 40 minutes from home. We figured the proximity and duration (one night) were perfect for our first outing!

Our campsite was GORGEOUS and backed into open space so we could go hiking right from our spot. We had views of the mountains, rock outcroppings, and the aspens just starting to turn. While we were warned about potential for bear and mountian lions, all we saw were Stellar's Jays and chipmunks! We did some exploring, made a few meals, roasted marshmallows for s'mores, and played some card games. The only rough part was getting Griffin to sleep in such a new place (he's not used to beds without sides!) but once he was asleep, all was well. We cant wait to go again next year!












My department moved into it's new "home" last week! It is literally a cute little house on the edge of campus. When you walk in, the waiting area was originally the living room and it is full of big windows, exposed wood beams, and a working fireplace! Because our bathrooms used to have showers, bathtubs and closets that have since been removed, they are HUGE. We had to go out and find some bathroom appropriate furniture to take up space! We have a little kitchen strictly for our staff of 5, and we each have little cozy offices. I am actually in love with my office- it was a bit tight at first, but I had my desk resized and now it's perfect! I have a view of our sports fields and the mountains behind them, I picked out a warm paint color, and I have a lot of art and pictures around that make it totally me. Parking is even better! We're all thrilled.

And, the most exciting news is that we got to see Sprout again on Tuesday! I'm officially 13 weeks, so while anything can happen, we're out of the first trimester "danger zone". She's growing right on track, has a perfect heart rate, and shows no signs of any chromosomal abnormalities. Looks like the nurse that told me "only a handful of babies make it after starting with progesterone levels that low" can add another to her handful! Oh, sorry- my kids kick ass. I should have told you that to begin with.

Our Perfect Sproutlet. I'm convinced she's a girl. I'll have lots of 'splaining to do for him one day if I'm wrong. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment