It took a few days, but I didn't want to miss posting about Mother's Day! This year we were all healthy and happy (as opposed to last year when Drew got a horrible ear infection) so we already started out way ahead! Griffin gave me the best gift ever and slept in until 6:30. It was awesome! Then Drew made me breakfast in bed (complete with an apple sliced and arranged into the word "mom"!) I also got some very sweet gifts. Griffin planted me sunflowers at school!
They are already getting really big! I will have to plant them out in the garden soon. I especially love that the lyrics to You Are My Sunshine are pasted to the cup, since that is one of the 3 lullabies I routinely sing to him. And Drew got me a super sweet immersion blender I've had my eye on. It does, literally, everything so I'll be donating our old blender and maybe even my food processor. Yay for decluttering!
After that, Drew gave me the morning to myself while he took care of Griffin. I got to laze around and read through magazines, take a long shower, and basically just pretend I had no responsibilities.
That afternoon we went to my parents' house to celebrate Mothers Day with my mom. I made an amazing lasagna to take with us complete with pesto, sausage, spinach, zucchini & roasted red peppers. SO GOOD. And of course Griffin was the little star there which is always a good feeling!
It's going to be hard to top that for Fathers Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment