After yesterday's drop off, I spent the rest of the day worrying about Griffin. I just kept picturing his sweet little face and giant gray eyes as I walked away from him. 5:00 couldn't come fast enough and I raced in to get him as soon as I could. I expected that, as per usual, he would have been totally happy after I left. But then I found out that he had been in a fight!
Apparently shortly after I went to work, he was playing with a toy that another kid decided he wanted. Griffin didn't let it go, so the other kid bit Griffin! He didn't draw blood but it was hard enough to leave a welt that lasted the entire day. But Griffin wasn't just going to take it! Instead of crying or giving in, he apparently pushed the other kid down! YAY! I do NOT condone violence or fighting, but I am so glad that Griffin is learning to stand up for himself, especially on an already bad day. And even his teachers were secretly rooting for him. That's my boy.
In other fun news, we have bought our tickets to travel back home to Columbus next month! At this time four weeks from now, we will be in mid-air. We're so excited to spend time with our friends and family and venture to some of our old haunts. And it will be neat to have Griffin experience the O-H!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment