Monday, August 22, 2011

home, home on the range...

Whew! I thought I was exhausted before and it was NOTHING compared to this! But the good news is that Drew and I are 98% moved in to our new house! YAY! It has definitely been a process since we werent able to get everything done that we wanted to while we had the moving truck, so we've been getting small loads into the Subaru every night since. Drew has been awesome about going after work even though he's beat. I've been trying to put things away as we get them here so most thing already have a home. And oh. my. god. People. PEOPLE. I have STORAGE!! Like, so many cabinets in my kitchen that I literally don't know what to put in all of them! I'm beside myself.

We're slowly starting to feel like we're legitimately part of the community. On Saturday morning we woke up and walked into downtown Golden. We stopped for coffee and breakfast burritos along the way, meandered along the river, and then on to the farmers market. Later that night we had dinner at my Dean's house and found he lives less than 5 minutes away! We sat on his deck near a ravine and watched a giant buck traipse through the woods. I love it here! Other thing I love here: old guy that constantly rides a scooter around with his two small yap dogs bjorned to him. YES!

I wish I could say that Griffin has been as happy as we have, but he has been a bit of a jerk the past few days and his favorite pastime is shrieking with all of his might into my ear so that I get glass shard chills down my entire spine. I suppose it's not entirely his fault- his top two teeth appear to be on their way down. Old Fang will shortly be Fangs. Or Captain Dentilton. Or Sir Jamison Incisor of New Ivory.  In any case, I wish he'd sprout them already because he has been STRESSING ME OUT with all the screaming. At least we have purchased his bedroom paint so his walls will no longer be salmon! Maybe that's why he's been so upset...

Classes at CSM start tomorrow so I will have a better understanding of my new job in t-minus 10 hours. Pray for me...


No comments:

Post a Comment