Sunday, August 14, 2011

go west, young man

Since we will shortly be sans internet for several days, I thought I should probably write a quick post on our progress! Due to a series of crazy events with the sellers, our closing got pushed back (and then pushed back again). Drew and I did our final walk through and then signed on Friday afternoon (with Griffin as our witness!). The sellers will be completing their side of the transaction tomorrow morning and then we take possession at noon on Tuesday! As excited as we are, we feel like we cant really exhale and relax until 9am tomorrow (once we know that closing has officially happened and we really are the new owners!)

Moving back the closing really screwed up our moving plans. We had everything arranged and lots of help for moving in today. Unfortunately, no one is available to help us next weekend so Drew and his friend are moving everything themselves on Wednesday. While I am excited that I don't have to move the large things, I am a bit worried about what state I will find my belongings in Wednesday evening. I guess that's the trade off.

We spent this weekend packing and planning for the move. We picked the exterior colors for the house (we will be painting it before winter hits) as well as the colors for Griffin's room. I'm really excited about both! We also decided on a design for the shed we will eventually build out back (which includes a storage loft and a hideaway potting bench!). In between, we spent time time in our new hometown. We got coffee at the Windy Saddle, bought peaches and asparagus from the farmers market, and gazed adoringly at Clear Creek Canyon:

this is less than 5 minutes from our new house
Drew thought that since this is likely the place we will live in for the rest of our lives (or close to it), the homestead needs a name. After much deliberation, we decided on Gilded Star Ranch- a moniker that holds a lot of meaning for us as well as the property.

Scarlett has added farmhand to her list of duties (she already serves as security officer, crumb finder, and nanny). She's taking this ranch thing quite seriously.

she is insisting we call her Clementine.
So... the next time I post, we should be moved in! Or, at least mostly moved in. I cant wait for this part to be over and for our lives to slow down again!

No comments:

Post a Comment