I think the picture above was the baby looking "pensive". "Should I tell them...?"Thursday was our 21 week ultrasound. Big news- our little monster is a SON! Munchkin Keefer is officially Griffin. We are simply ecstatic.
So let me back up a bit and give you the whole story. We were both so excited the night before the exam that we could barely sleep. Griffin (who was then just "baby") must have felt the same thing as he spent hours tap dancing on my innards. Once we got to the clinic though, the process was less than smooth. First, our chart got mixed up with someone else's so we ended up in an unfamiliar room with a new ultrasound tech. Not a huge deal, but I really like our usual tech so I was feeling just a tiny bit nervous. Then the ultrasound machine went on the fritz. It shut itself off at least twice which our (unfamiliar) tech explained NEVER happens. When we were finally up and running, "the baby" spent most of his time facing my back making it difficult to see him from the right angles.
I am head over heels in love with my son. And this is EXACTLY the way it was meant to happen.
I mean, look at this kid. He is flashing a PEACE SIGN. IN UTERO.
Since Thursday we've been busily planning as much as we can and I think we have the nursery figured out! I found this AWESOME poster for like $8 at Hobby Lobby.
I fell in love with the colors so I'm basing the nursery around that- burnt oranges, mossy greens, tealy blues & brown shades. I also like the fact that the poster has letters & numbers without being really baby like ABCs & 123s. We got some paint chips today (various blues & greens in a no VOC brand- I'm such a good mom) and we'll pick a color soon. Then we did some registering at Babies-R-Us and while we were there, found this bedding WAY on clearance- and it's PERFECT!
I love that the colors are all muted versions of what is in the poster- and the occasional grasshopper gives it just the teeny bit of whimsy in what will otherwise be not the most baby-ish of all nurseries.So "baby" is our son, my tiny monster boy, Griffin. And he is already getting a fun space of his own.

LOVE the poster and the bedding! It's going to be a fantastic room!
ReplyDelete