It feels like a lot has been going on lately. I'm coming up on August commencement which is a stressful time at work. I'm also taking two classes (meeting 3 days a week), one of which is for my capstone project. Then there is my life in between- the vet appointments we've been running Gabe to, the housework, our social lives. Not to mention some personal issues we've both been dealing with. It's been one of the most difficult times I can remember. But here is the weird thing-
I think this baby is giving me strength!
Now, I am a rather emotional person by nature. And I'm pregnant. Supposedly those hormones create the perfect storm of anger and tears. I think I may have had a bit of that early on. But then, out of nowhere, I became more stable than I've ever been in my life. Instead of freaking out over the past few months, I've been clear headed. I've managed. I've felt ridiculously strong. That doesnt mean I havent cried- I certainly have. But believe me when I say that those tears were warranted. And when it was time to stop, I stopped.
It is one more thing that makes me believe that pregnancy is the most incredible thing I have ever experienced. And I am more positive now than ever that my child is perfect! He or she is already making me a better person!
Luckily, after this week, work and school will be far less demanding. And I started a yoga regimen tonight that has already massively relieved the stress I was carrying around in my neck and shoulders.
In more exciting news, I felt kicking for the first time this weekend! I wondered if I would know it when it first started happening and there was no mistaking it! We were at Invesco Field for Bronco training camp. The crowd just got done screaming and stomping... and then, there was this little poking into my abdomen. Well hello, Munchkin Keefer!! Drew insists it means that the baby is a Broncos fan. Aunt Diane thinks it means the baby is a Browns fan & wanted to get the hell out of there. I'm hoping my child is just as disinterested in football as I am. :)
I'll leave you with this: Drew doesnt notice my stomach changing much. Its rare he ever comments on it. The other day I was leaving the house in a dress I havent worn in awhile. He stopped me and said "wow- your stomach is really growing!" then he ran over, bent down & said directly into my bump "you look cute today, baby!" I thought it was the sweetest thing ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment