It was another busy weekend! Friday night was Griffin's school Halloween party. They actually did an AWESOME job of decorating & making fun activities for each age level in every room. Griff was a bit nervous at first- probably a combination of being up past his bedtime, all the people in random costumes, and being worried that we were just going to drop him off! But once he figured out that everyone was there to have a good time, he had a lot of fun!
 |
| overly excited and blurry about being a Jedi |
 |
| cutest Yoda ever |
 |
| when we first got to the party. a tiny bit freaked. |
 |
| playing glow in the dark ring toss with his friend, Brandon. All is well. |
Griff's bud Brandon is actually getting a little sister or brother a month before Griffin does! They'll have all sorts of horrible sibling stuff to bond over.
Saturday we got lots of chores done. I FINALLY found curtains I like for the living room, and I found this:
 |
| I know we didn't really NEED a new duvet cover, but isn't it BEAUTIFUL?? I just adore the color and I think it will keep me happy straight through the winter. |
Sunday was so nice out after we had a bit of snow last week, so we decided we wanted to take Griffin to do something outside. We decided on the zoo not thinking about the fact that it was their big Halloween event that day! Luckily we got there early enough where we beat the massive crowds, and even though Griff was costume-less, he got to go "trick or treating" along the way and he got to have his first ever pieces of candy! He is SUPER into the animals now and he had a blast pointing everything out.
 |
| he actually loved the lions. He was more terrified that I was making him move to a different exhibit. |
 |
| all the animals got their own pumpkins. The lioness loved hers! |
 |
| Swedish Fish & the merry go round |
After the zoo, we stopped at Steubens- one of our favorite Denver haunts. Griff and I were a bit irritated by the wait (Griffin, fairly audibly so) but it was SO. WORTH IT. Oh, gravy fries, how I missed you...
 |
| G during the 5 minutes he patiently waited for a table |
After all that adventure, Griffin napped HARD. When he got up, we decided to take a nice long walk up to a new playground! There are SO MANY near our house, and we love discovering them!
 |
| G loves nothing more than a good playground |
 |
| he has become QUITE the climber |
 |
| and he ADORES the slide. Such a big kid!! |
 |
| walking to the play tunnel at the other side of the park |
 |
| such a pretty place |
 |
| and lovely day |
 |
| he did NOT want to leave |
 |
| mama & boy |
 |
| view on the walk home |
I'm glad we got to have another great weekend before I get SLAMMED at work. We're doing pre-registration advising for the next two weeks and I have a caseload of almost 400 students. I literally don't have even a 5 minute break in my schedule other than lunch for the rest of this week! But this is the time of year we earn our stripes, I suppose- and it will be SO COOL to see all of our planning come to fruition!
No comments:
Post a Comment