Saturday, December 3, 2011

she's crafty...

This has been such a festive weekend already! Last night we walked into downtown Golden for the annual candlelight walk and holiday lighting. We had an amazing time and could not get over the feeling of pride and excitement we had at being able to provide such an incredible sense of community for Griffin to grow up in. Griffin himself was a bit less excited (he fell asleep almost immediately) but I know he'll ADORE it in the future!

on the way downtown
waiting for the walk to start
they had all kinds of characters out...
mama & the sleepy raccoon 
Santa over Golden! 
I didn't figure out how to take decent pictures of the lights until just as we were leaving. So this is like 2% of what was actually there!
pretty town
Today I got a jump on the Christmas presents & holiday decorations I'm making! I spent about an hour all blissed out in Michael's. Now I feel like I've got an arsenal of supplies to do what I gotta do!

The first thing I did was make our Christmas wreath! I think it turned out REALLY well, and I like it a lot more than anything I've seen at the store (plus it was a fraction of the cost!)

just started out with a foam wreath, some dried leaves, dried eucalyptus branches & a cool flower made out of seed husks
just after I got done hot gluing everything together
finished product!
A few nights ago, we got a big package from my Aunt Chris. It was a tiny baby toboggan with the note that it was an early birthday present in case winter came early. Well, we definitely got snow this weekend so after I was done with the wreath, Drew took Griffin out "sledding" in the back yard. He had a GREAT time!! He absolutely loved exploring the snow!

just at the bottom of the "hill"
pure glee 
cutest. kid. ever.
boy time
Griffin hearts snow
Once I put Griffin to bed, I started working on one of my Christmas presents. It's definitely taking a skill set I've never used before so it's been slow going, but I think it's turning out super cute! I'm crazy excited about all the projects I have planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment