Monday, January 10, 2011

making his momma look like a fool

Yeah, ok, I was wrong. I obviously did NOT go into labor over the weekend. I think I was just at the point where I thought "we've been at this so long. It HAS to happen now, right?" I guess not. He's 5 days past his due date today and still not so much as a cramp. Serves me right for making predictions and trying to call the shots- he showed me! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't discouraged. As much as I know this is normal, I am tired of waiting and, honestly, I am just plain tired.

Speaking of which, I didn't go to work today. We got our first significant snowfall of the season (about 6-8 inches or so) and while it was beautiful and made me happy, the roads still looked ugly when Drew left for work this morning. He practically begged me to stay at home, not liking the idea of his 10 month pregnant wife driving all the way to work in poor conditions, especially if it meant having to turn around again if I did (magically) go into labor. I fought him on it at first, but last night was another night of insomnia and I only got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep on top of the fact that I've had a cough I just can't shake so I gave in. It was probably for the best- I got a good nap in and did some chores- but honestly, I need more than that to keep me occupied. Without Drew home and without me being at work, I spent most of the day thinking about how I'm STILL pregnant, and how uncomfortable that is, and how much I want to see my baby, and how terrified I am of the possibility of induction.

BUT, there is still plenty of time. We wouldn't even consider induction until the 17th or so unless something seems funky on his ultrasound on Wednesday. And he could be plotting his escape as we speak. If he wanted to show up tomorrow, I wouldn't mind. 1/11/11 WOULD be a sweet birthday!!

In the meantime, I've been cooking and baking to keep myself busy. I made a loaf of AMAZING whole wheat bread last night. I've got a round steak with creamy mushroom onion gravy in the crock pot. I'm making cinnamon raisin bread tonight for tomorrow's breakfast, and I'm contemplating making a chocolate cake to satisfy my pregnancy-driven sweet tooth. We'll see if I get that far.

Everyone cross their fingers on Griffin showing up REALLY soon!

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I had no symptoms at all until I went into labor.

    Margot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that does make me feel better!

    ReplyDelete